This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.curiositiesforhome.com
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can update your profile by clicking on the link included in our emails to you.
2. WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSES AND ON WHAT GROUNDS WE PROCESS IT
Personal data is any information that can identify an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
– Communication data which includes any communication you send to us, whether through the contact form on our website, via email, text, social media messages, social media posting or any other communication you send to us. We process this data for the purpose of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuit or defense of legal claims. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to respond to communications sent to us, to maintain records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
– Customer data which includes data relating to any purchase of goods and/or services, such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number, contact details, purchase details and card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of those transactions. Our lawful basis for this processing is to perform a contract between you and us and/or to take steps you request to enter into such a contract.
– User data which includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data you submit for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure that relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backup copies of our website and/or databases and to enable the publication and administration of our website, other online services. and business. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
– Technical data which includes data about your use of our website and online services, such as your IP address, your login details, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data comes from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
– Marketing data which includes data about your preferences for receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to participate in our promotions, such as contests, sweepstakes and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements and to measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, develop them, grow our business and decide our marketing strategy.
– We may use customer data, user data, technical data and marketing data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements (including Facebook ads or other graphical ads) to you and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we deliver to you. Our lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interests which are to grow our business. We may also use such data to send you other marketing communications. Our lawful basis for this processing is consent or legitimate interests.
We do not collect sensitive data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health information, and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you do not provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have requested, but if we do so, we will notify you at that time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose for which it was collected or for a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information about this, please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your data for a new unrelated purpose, we will inform you and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
We do not perform automated decision making or any automated profiling.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties, such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, such as search information providers such as Google, technical, payment and delivery service providers. We may also receive data from third parties, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is your consent or our legitimate interests (to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or requested information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications from us and, in each case, you have not since opted out of receiving such communications. Under these regulations, if you are a limited partnership, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes, we will obtain your express consent.
You may ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links in any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, returns, replacements, etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may need to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group that provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and systems administration services.
- Professional advisors, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government agencies that require us to report on processing activities.
- Market researchers.
- Fraud prevention agencies and service providers for fraud analysis and prevention.
- Price comparison sites.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We share your personal data within our group of companies, which involves transferring your data to these International companies.
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation that protect your personal data. When we transfer your data to third parties, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that have been approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- When we use certain established international service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or mechanisms that afford personal data the same protection.
If none of the above safeguards are available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented security measures to prevent your personal data from loss, use, alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access to your personal data. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, including to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In deciding the correct time to retain data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes of the processing, whether these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For accounting and tax purposes, we are required by law to retain basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for seven years after they cease to be customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without notice.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws, you have rights in relation to your personal data which include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, object to processing, object to data portability and (where the lawful basis of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or if you refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and secure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to request further information in relation to your request to expedite our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer than one month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made multiple requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, we would be grateful if you could contact us first by email at email@example.com if you have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.